We are committed to providing you with the highest quality of healthcare excellence. Our team leads the industry with extensive spinal care experience, treating injuries, degenerative diseases and disorders in both adults and adolescents.
Our team of award-winning surgeons have an aggressive approach to the treatment of spinal tumors and have extensive experience with spinal cord tumor surgery. The goal is to work with the patient and oncology team to ensure the right treatment is applied to shrinking or eliminating the tumor and stabilizing the spine.
Spinal tumors can develop in different locations on the spine. The signs and symptoms of tumors develop over time and can obstruct the many signals the spinal cord carries to the rest of the body. As a tumor grows, it surrounds nerves or blood vessels and can impact many other systems in the body.
- Multifactorial. Genetic defects play a role but hereditary links are not the only factors. Sometimes tumors occur spontaneously and can be caused by exposure to an environmental toxin or certain chemicals. They can be benign or metastatic in nature.
- Back pain
- Loss of sensation in arms and legs
- Difficulty walking
- Decreased sensitivity to pain, heat and cold
- Loss of bowel or bladder function
- Varying degrees of muscle weakness
- For the best outcome, tumors should be caught early and treated aggressively